Infectious Disease ServicesEpidemiology and Disease Intervention Services
William H. Little Health and Human Services Center
2200 Ringling Blvd.
Sarasota, Fl 34237
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Services
DOH-Sarasota offers screening and treatment for STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases, also known as STIs or Sexually Transmitted Infections). All visits, including test results, are strictly confidential. With very few exceptions under the State of Florida's confidentiality laws, patient information is never released to anyone without the patient's consent.
Walk-in STD / HIV Testing
(Sarasota Only - Limited Hours)
Walk-in testing for selected STDs and HIV is available at the STD HIV/AIDS Intervention Program (SHIP). William L. Little Health & Human Services Center, 1st Floor, Room 1127, 2200 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota FL 34237 (941) 861-2873 (Walk-in testing at Sarasota site only) Hours and location information...
- No cost to client
- Walk-in (no appointment needed)
- Screening for HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea & chlamydia only
- Confidential & private atmosphere with understanding staff
This service is provided for testing of certain conditions only. To be evaluated by a healthcare provider, you must make an appointment. Comprehensive STD / HIV services are available by appointment at the Sarasota and North Port sites.
Sarasota: (941) 861-2859
North Port: (941) 861-3820
(By Appointment - Sarasota and North Port)
Comprehensive STD services, including testing and treatment, are available by appointment. Visits and test results are strictly confidential. Fees are based on a sliding scale according to income; however, service is not denied because of inability to pay.
- HIV (only with patient consent)
- Genital warts
- Other tests as necessary
STD Services for Minors
Individuals 12-17 years of age may access STD clinic services without parental consent. Basic STD services for individuals under 18 years of age are offered at no cost. In addition, Disease Intervention Specialists are available for counseling and partner notification services when needed. The identity of the source patient is never revealed.
Locations offering STD tests & treatment
Click for hours and location information.
- Health in Motion (mobile medical unit)
- North Port Health Center
- William L. Little Health & Human Services Center (Ringling Blvd, Sarasota)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Florida Department of Health
- STD Fact Sheets - Florida Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - STDs
- National STD and AIDS Hotline (CDC): 1-800-227-8922
- FOR PROVIDERS: 2015 STD Treatment Guidelines - CDC
Connect with DOH