Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
Detecting and treating cancer early is important. It can be the difference between life and death.
The Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (BCCEDP) can help.
Eligible women can receive these cancer screenings in Sarasota, Manatee, DeSoto, Charlotte, Lee, Hendry, Glades and Collier Counties.
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings (mammograms, Pap smears and clinical breast exams) for one year
- Diagnostic exams (as needed)
- Outreach and public education
Who is eligible?
- A woman who is 50-64 years of age, and
- Has a household income that is less than or equal to 200 percent of the poverty level (see application), and
- Has no health insurance to cover the cost of clinical breast exams, mammogram or Pap smear, and
- Lives in any of the counties listed above
How to apply for the program:
We will let you know if you qualify. We will make your appointments for breast and cervical cancer screenings and other needed tests for one year.
Cost and Insurance Information
- We will also pay for the services you receive if you are eligible.
- Treatment may be paid by Medicaid.
Early detection is the key to successful treatment. Please call us right away if you are having new breast pain, breast lumps, nipple discharge or other changes.
- American Cancer Society - National Hotline 1-800-227-2345
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Breast Cancer Information, Cervical Cancer Information
- Southwest Cancer Control Collaborative
- Breast and Cervical Cancer survivors (support groups and resources) Susan G. Koman Southwest Florida, Susan G. Koman Florida Suncoast