Overdose Data To Action
Your Sarasota County OD2A Prevention Team
What Is Your DNA-Drug Narcotic Awareness Profile?
Health Outreach Prevention Education (H.O.P.E.)
Any Sarasota county family can be affected by the dangers of opioid usages, such as an overdose. That is why we all have a responsibility in preventing and eliminating harmful opioid use and the risks through education and conversations.
Having open and honest conversations with the people in your life about opioids can help you build a supportive environment where prevention education, hope, and recovery are all possible.
Information about Opioid Response OD2A-Overdose Data to Action Activities
Youth Prevention Connection
Search for Year-Round Medication Disposal Locations
There are generally two kinds of take-back options:
Local Community Resources
- First Step, Inc.
- Second Chance Last Opportunity
- Sarasota Coalition on Substance Abuse, Inc
- North Port Drug-Free Youth
- ALSO Youth
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota and DeSoto
- Holly's Hope
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation
- Youth Shelter
- The Safe Children Coalition, INC.
- Children First
- The Glasser/Schoenbaum Human Services Center
- Teen Court of Sarasota, Inc.
- NAMI mental health resource (Sarasota & Manatee)
- Suncoast Harm Reduction Project
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children/ NetSmartz
- MCS Child Advocacy Center / Manatee Children's Services, Inc.
- Community Youth Development
- SURE (Sarasota United for Responsibility and Equity) a faith-based organization
- Operation Prevention
- Scholastic Inc.
- Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association and Florida Behavioral Health Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Youth Engaged For Changed
- Education Commission of the States
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Educational Resources Age-Appropriate
- Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE)
- PEI Kids’ Prevention Education