Community Health Improvement Partnership (CHIP)
Health Promotion and Planning
2200 Ringling Blvd
Sarasota FL 34237
Community Health Improvement Partnership (CHIP) is dedicated to building better health and wellness for Sarasota County through a dynamic collaboration of individuals, agencies, healthcare providers, and government. DOH-Sarasota provides major financial and administrative support to this innovative community partnership.
CHIP does the following:
- Engages citizens in taking responsibility for their personal health and the health of their communities.
- Encourages focus and discussion on community health concerns across organizational, geographic, and demographic boundaries.
- Facilitates an innovative, ongoing dialog among hospital CEOs and health department administrators from Sarasota, Charlotte and DeSoto counties, who meet quarterly to discuss and act on regional health issues.
- Educates the public on how to become healthier, access medical care, or get insured.
- Researches and publishes local data on health issues of concern to citizens and healthcare providers.
For more information:
- (941) 861-2969
- CHIP website