Health in Motion
Health in Motion staff provide health screenings, some adult vaccines, tobacco cessation support and health education for general health and wellness to underserrved areas of Sarasota County. No appointment is needed and a registered nurse is at all sites. Individuals who need follow-up medical care are referred to a primary health care provider.
- Adult immunizations (limited)
(Hepatitis A & B, Tetanus, Influenza, Pneumonia)
- Blood pressure screening
- Body Mass Index (BMI) screening
- Diabetes (glucose screening)
- Health Education
- Referrals to Tobacco Free Florida's no-cost "Quit Your Way" resources
- Testing for HIV and Sexually Transmitted Diseaes (STDs) - not at all locations
- Help locating a permanent primary health care provider
Cost: Some services are always free, others require you to pay if you have the ability, and some have a standard fee.
We'll come to you
Health in Motion is available to come to your place of business or community event to offer health screenings, immunizations, and more. It's a convenient way to promote health among your employees or in the community. Not available on Sundays. Please allow at least three months advance notice.
- Health Fairs
- Worksite Wellness
- Community Events
To request Health in Motion complete our Special Events Request Form