Health in Motion
The Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County’s (DOH-Sarasota) Health In Motion staff provide no-cost health screenings and referrals for general health and wellness. The Registered Nurse (RN) also helps individuals who lack medical insurance find a medical home for ongoing health care through referrals to the Community Health Centers of Sarasota County.
Health In Motion services include:
- Blood pressure screening
- Body mass index (BMI) measurement
- Diabetes - glucose screening
- HIV and sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing (not at all locations)
- Tips for staying healthy
- Individual Health education
- Referrals to “Quit Your Way” with Tobacco Free Florida
- Referrals to Community Health Centers of Sarasota County for ongoing health care
No appointment is needed. Services are provided inside the buildings of locations visited.
We'll come to you
Health in Motion is available to come to your place of business or community event to offer health screenings, immunizations, and more. It's a convenient way to promote health among your employees or in the community. Not available on Sundays. Please allow at least three months advance notice.
- Health Fairs
- Worksite Wellness
- Community Events
To request Health in Motion complete our Special Events Request Form