Costs and Eligibility
Cost of Services
The best way to find out the cost of a particular service, once you know your eligibility status, is to contact that service department directly. You can find contact information listed under each service's web page.
Many services are available to anyone; other services require you to meet certain eligibility requirements prior to receiving the service.
Services available to anyone
The following services have no eligibility requirements, though some require financial screening and/or fees:
- Birth control (contraceptives)
- Family planning
- Childhood immunizations (vaccinations)
- Immunizations for foreign travel
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing, treatment, and counseling
Services requiring a Health Card
You must have a Health Card (previously called a Clinic Card) to receive some services. A Health Card allows access to our sliding fee scale (where fees vary depending on your ability to pay) even for services not covered by your health insurance. Eligibility specialists work with new clients to go over their individual situations and documentation.
Obtaining a Health Card
If you plan to apply for a Health Card, we ask that you first apply to Medicaid to see if you are eligible for that program.
To obtain a Health Card, go to your nearest Eligibility office. You will be asked to provide the documentation listed below, if applicable.
This Eligibility Requirements Checklist [99KB PDF] is provided for your convenience.
To obtain a Health Card, please provide:
- Photo ID (U.S. or foreign government ID, or other ID with supervisor approval)
- Social Security cards/numbers (all family members)
- Children's birth certificates
- Proof of Sarasota County residency (required of some clients)
- Proof includes one piece of mail in your name received in the last 30 days showing a Sarasota County address
- Proof of insurance (if applicable)
- Proof includes a health insurance card with deductible/co-pay information; Medicaid, Medicaid HMO and/or Medicare card; and private insurance cards for any health, dental or prescription plans
- Verification of Alien Status (if applicable - for non-U.S. citizens)
- May include Permanent Resident Alien cards (”Green Cards”), Employment Authorization Document, valid passport, I-94 form, visas, and any other Immigration or Homeland Security documents
- Verification of total gross household income for the four most recent weeks, which may include:
- Pay stubs (or for a new job, provide a letter from your employer stating hours, rate of pay, and how often paid)
- Bank statements - from most recent month for all accounts
- Other income - proof of monthly amount of any income from Social Security, alimony, child support, Unemployment / Workers Compensation, pensions, trusts, bank accounts, rental income, etc.
- If self-employed, provide most recent 3 months’ business ledgers/records and most recent 3 months’ bank statements
- If you are supported by someone else, provide a written statement of support including that person’s name, address, and phone number; the date, and the amount you receive each month
- Additional information may be required on a case-by-case basis.
This list is for informational purposes only; please make an appointment with an Eligibility specialist to determine what information will be required of you.
- Forms (English)
- Forms (Spanish)
Usted puede descargar las formas que aplican a su situación usando las enlaces abajo, llenarlas y traerlas consigo cuando viene a la oficina de Elegibilidad.
Lista de Verificación de Requisitos de Eligibilidad (Inglés/Español) [99KB PDF]
(Eligibility Requirements Checklist)
Registración de Elegibilidad [59KB PDF]
(Client Registration Form)
Verificación de Ingreso
(Income Verification Form)
Carta de Apoyo [224KB PDF]
(Letter of Support)
Inventario de Gastos [360KB PDF]
Formulario de Empleo Propio [142KB PDF]
What if I don't have health insurance?
Florida KidCare provides coverage for eligible children under age 19.